Sunday, January 13, 2008

We're going on a God Hunt

Many a child has played the clapping, rythmic game called, "Wanna go on a bear hunt?" Well, this week in our 50 Day Adventure we are being dared to go on a God Hunt. A God hunt is an intentional God sighting in all that goes on in our lives. Just as Pastor Rebecca said in her sermon on Sunday, "God is always there". If God is always there...why do we have such a hard time seeing Him? Why don't we fully rely on Him? Go on a God Hunt. Open your eyes and let us know where and when you find/see God. Was your sighting in the form of an obvious answer to prayer? Or was it unexpected evidence of God's care (coincidence)? Did your God Hunt lead you to see Him in a situation of unusual linkage or timing? Or did you find God in someone giving you help to do God's work in the world?

4 comments:

Pastor Rebecca said...

I am on a God hunt every day. I strive to always to see God in everything. It was what Mains was describing in his book, "Never to Late Dream," when he spoke about getting past the ceilings. I rarely see ceilings. I practice noticing all the possibilities. I often wonder what God is doing and I take my granny's stand, "I am just waiting for God to show up."

Kathy Carr said...

Fumy,

I am so proud and inspired by your presence and your commitment to your personal spiritual journey. Your enthusiasm inspires me to continue even stronger with my personal journey. I am comforted to know that you are the future of FUMC.

Kathy Carr

MONTEL said...

Going on a God hunt is very fun to me. It has been an excellent exsperience for me . I have been getting everything out of what iI have learned so far. I plan to learn more about God as the bible studies go on. It does not get any better than this going on a God hunt is like going to heaven.

Shannon said...

I am really impressed with all the youth. I am so very proud to be able to say that I know you.